Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Looking for recommendations on how to backup a Postgresql database using Bacula

2014-08-19 09:01:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] Looking for recommendations on how to backup a Postgresql database using Bacula
From: Jonathan Bayer <linuxgurugamer AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 08:59:11 -0400
We have a small cluster running Alfresco.  The web software is on
server1 and the database is on server2.

We have Bacula community version 7.0.5

Bacula client is installed on server1 for now.  Obviously, server1 can
access server2's database.

I'm wondering how others have solved this problem.  I have a couple of
options here:

1.  Do a pg_dump on server1 (it has the space) and then backup the dump file
2.  Do the same on server2 instead
3.  Set up a PITR backup on server2
4.  Do a simple file system backup.  This requires shutting down the
database while the backup is in progress.

so, I'm curious.  Any responses?

Thanks in advance.

JBB