Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] DAT72 USB tape-drive support on Linux 2.6 kernel?

2014-08-11 14:30:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] DAT72 USB tape-drive support on Linux 2.6 kernel?
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Huub Van Niekerk <huubvanniekerk AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 14:28:05 -0400
On Aug 8, 2014, at 9:08 AM, Huub Van Niekerk <huubvanniekerk AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:

Hi,

After reading the manuals of v.5 and 7, I doubt my USB DAT72/DDS tapedrive is supported. I used to work with Barracuda, but that license expired. So can anyone give me advise about this ?

Bacula doesn’t care about the make/model of your tape drive.  Bacula only cares that it talks SCSI.  If the OS supports it, Bacula supports it.. in general.

Have you tried it yet?  What’s stopping you?

—
Dan Langille