Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] List files associated with destroyed tape

2014-08-06 13:02:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] List files associated with destroyed tape
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: John Wallach <john AT democracynow DOT org>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 12:57:07 -0400
On Aug 6, 2014, at 12:37 PM, John Wallach <john AT democracynow DOT org> wrote:

> On 8/6/14 12:33 PM, Dan Langille wrote:
>>
>> Does this help?
>>
>> http://dan.langille.org/2009/08/28/what-jobs-are-on-these-tapes/
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion but I already know the media that is lost, I
> guess I could purge the volume but I wonder what what that would do to
> the job (since it has files on other volumes.)

It’s hard to extrapolate sometimes.  See other email.

The above [unasked] question is not what you originally asked, but I understand
the concern.

I’m not sure of the answer though.  It would be a great trial&error task.

If you can, try it on non-critial data instead.  I’m interested in the results.

—
Dan Langille