Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup on Tape

2014-08-04 14:09:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup on Tape
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "More, Ankush" <ankush.more AT capgemini DOT com>, Bacula Users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 14:07:17 -0400
> 1) Can we tune bacula config files for maximize backup speed?

Yes. I recommend that you tune your database (mysql and postgresql
come with very poor default settings) and also increase the default
block size. 64K is way too small for a modern LTO tape drive.

> 2) Can bacula use both tape drive simultaneous backup for same pool?

Yes. It is possible to load more than 1 tape from the same pool to
more than 1 tape drive and when these are loaded you can run different
jobs on each tape drive. I do not remember the bacula directive to
allow that however. Please google. This has been discussed dozens of
times on this list.

John