Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula client backup and restore

2014-07-15 04:43:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula client backup and restore
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: "More, Ankush" <ankush.more AT capgemini DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:33:35 +0200
Hello,

Hi Team,
We have installed Bacula-7.0.4 on CentOS 6.5.
I have few doubt regarding backup and restore of client.

1) Can I define in client configuration file, what file systems to be backup?

You cannot do this in bacula-fd.conf file. You can define a file located on client (indirect with FileSet external client shell command) which will have a list of file systems to backup. Check docs for more info.

2) Can I define in client configuration file not to backup certain files or file systems?

You cannot do this in bacula-fd.conf file. You can define "Exclude Dir Containing" FileSet parameter which allow a client to exclude certain directories from backup.

3) Can I restore files from client?

Yes. You can use standard bconsole for that. If you proper define a restricted console then you can limit access to different clients or jobs or commands, etc.

I know we can do it on bacula server, but I need on client.

I hope it helps.
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net