Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] RESTORE PRUNED FILE (WITH CATALOG BACKUPS)

2014-05-29 10:31:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] RESTORE PRUNED FILE (WITH CATALOG BACKUPS)
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 07:29:01 -0700

I didn't mention this, but of course, you would not want to run any
other jobs (or really do anything with bacula at all!) while running the
old database beyond the restore of the files, otherwise those changes
won't make it into your up-to-date database you ultimately run with.

On 5/29/14 7:21 AM, Stephen Thompson wrote:

> If you have the flexibility to do this, the simplest way might be to
> restore the catalog from tape, shut down bacula, temporarily move aside
> your up-to-date database and put the restored database in it's place
> (this is likely restoring the database from a dump file), do your
> restore now that you have a version of the database with the purged
> files, then once the restore is complete, shutdown bacula and move your
> up-to-date database back into place.
>

> Stephen
>

> On 5/29/14 6:49 AM, david parada wrote:
>> Thanks John,
>>
>> I am not very confidence with BSCAN. Can you tell me an example to add files
>> again to catalog using your way?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>

>> David

>> |This was sent by david.parada AT techex DOT es via Backup Central.
>> |Forward SPAM to abuse AT backupcentral DOT com.

Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu    215 McCone Hall # 4760
510.214.6506 (phone)           University of California, Berkeley
510.643.5811 (fax)             Berkeley, CA 94720-4760