Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] RESTORE PRUNED FILE (WITH CATALOG BACKUPS)

2014-05-29 10:24:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] RESTORE PRUNED FILE (WITH CATALOG BACKUPS)
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 07:21:56 -0700

If you have the flexibility to do this, the simplest way might be to
restore the catalog from tape, shut down bacula, temporarily move aside
your up-to-date database and put the restored database in it's place
(this is likely restoring the database from a dump file), do your
restore now that you have a version of the database with the purged
files, then once the restore is complete, shutdown bacula and move your
up-to-date database back into place.

Stephen

On 5/29/14 6:49 AM, david parada wrote:
> Thanks John,
>
> I am not very confidence with BSCAN. Can you tell me an example to add files
> again to catalog using your way?
>
> Kind regards,
>

> David

> |This was sent by david.parada AT techex DOT es via Backup Central.

Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu    215 McCone Hall # 4760
510.214.6506 (phone)           University of California, Berkeley
510.643.5811 (fax)             Berkeley, CA 94720-4760