Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bareos

2014-05-23 11:44:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bareos
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Alan Brown <a.brown AT ucl.ac DOT uk>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, bacula-devel <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 17:41:56 +0200
Hello Alain,

I am in the final stages of preparing for a vacation beginning early
tomorrow, so I will get back to you on this next week when I am back.
Thanks for the references to the German legal cases, I will read them
all (really).

One thing I will say is: Bareos believes and has requested the court to
order:

  GPL == any modifications or additions *must* be made public.

The above is certainly what RMS would hope to see on a voluntary basis,
but he was smart enough to know that requiring it would never work and
thus he explicitly never made it a *requirement* or even part of the
four fundamental freedoms.

Best regards,
Kern