Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] vchanger interaction.

2014-05-20 01:05:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] vchanger interaction.
From: Steven Haigh <netwiz AT crc.id DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 14:58:55 +1000
On 19/05/14 23:39, Josh Fisher wrote:
> On 5/17/2014 10:50 PM, Steven Haigh wrote:
>> Hi Vizo,
>>
>> If I use the UUID:blah format, vchanger can't find the drives.
>>
>> I found on another post to this list in the archives (via google) that
>> the following method worked - but I'm unsure if any further problems
>> were encountered.
>>
>> It seems to be a problem with libuuid or similar?
>
> It is a chicken and egg problem. libuuid (actually libblkid) sees the
> partition but cannot find its mountpoint. This is because there is no
> mountpoint until autofs mounts it, and autofs doesn't mount it until it
> is accessed. So specifying by UUID does not work with autofs mounting.
>
> The work around is to setup autofs to make the UUID be the directory
> name of the mountpoint.
>
> #/etc/auto.master
> /mnt/vchanger   /etc/auto.vchanger      --timeout=30
>
> #/etc/auto.vchanger
> *       -fstype=auto,rw,noatime         :/dev/disk/by-uuid/&
>
> And then in vchanger config specify disks as:
>
> magazine = /mnt/vchanger/9272db19-2ead-4516-8a13-71b1ce55ae0e

This is exactly what I'm doing right now. I trigger my script via udev
for add / remove events:

# cat /etc/udev/rules.d/local.rules
KERNEL=="xvdb1", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/root/vol_manager.pl"
KERNEL=="xvdb1", ACTION=="remove", RUN+="/root/vol_manager.pl"
KERNEL=="xvdc1", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/root/vol_manager.pl"
KERNEL=="xvdc1", ACTION=="remove", RUN+="/root/vol_manager.pl"

This auto-runs the vol_manager script (which I posted earlier), then
that script uses entries in /dev/disk/by-uuid to match up with the
vchanger.conf config.

My question now is this... For this setup, the MediaType is File with 10
slots. I have a max volume size of 40Gb. When these 10 x 40Gb slots /
volumes get full, will Bacula automatically try to create another
volume? How does it handle things when I hit 400Gb (10 x 40Gb volumes)?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz AT crc.id DOT au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au