Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] vchanger interaction.

2014-05-19 09:45:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] vchanger interaction.
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 09:39:49 -0400
On 5/17/2014 10:50 PM, Steven Haigh wrote:
Hi Vizo,

If I use the UUID:blah format, vchanger can't find the drives.

I found on another post to this list in the archives (via google) that
the following method worked - but I'm unsure if any further problems
were encountered.

It seems to be a problem with libuuid or similar?

It is a chicken and egg problem. libuuid (actually libblkid) sees the partition but cannot find its mountpoint. This is because there is no mountpoint until autofs mounts it, and autofs doesn't mount it until it is accessed. So specifying by UUID does not work with autofs mounting.

The work around is to setup autofs to make the UUID be the directory name of the mountpoint.

#/etc/auto.master
/mnt/vchanger   /etc/auto.vchanger      --timeout=30

#/etc/auto.vchanger
*       -fstype=auto,rw,noatime         :/dev/disk/by-uuid/&

And then in vchanger config specify disks as:

magazine = /mnt/vchanger/9272db19-2ead-4516-8a13-71b1ce55ae0e