Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula suddenly becoming slow

2014-05-19 16:22:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula suddenly becoming slow
From: testest <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 04:11:46 -0700
Hi and thanks you for your help. I am exhausted to try things but can't figure
out the problem...
Everything was fine, I got  a problem and had to switch the mysql database. It
may also be a network issue.
I got like 500 K/s to few M/s. It was way better before.

I tried the btape command and made speed test. Everything is fine :

btape -c bacula-sd.conf /dev/st0
*speed
I got around 50 to 100 M/s

I tried the iperf commands between machine with the bacula port and the ips
specified in the bacula-director conf file. I got very good speeds.
iperf -c X.X.X.X -p 9103 -f Mbits -i 1 -t 10
I tried with sd fd and dir daemon, everything ok.

I tried to tune mysql with mysql tuning primer and other script but nothing
changed... It's hard to test mysql speed to be honnest.
I have no compression in my config files and cat
/sys/class/scsi_tape/nst0/default_compression gives me -1

Thanks you, i'm really in trouble, I have tons of data to save... few teras...
every weeks
mysql version : 5.5.34
bacula dir : 5.0.1