Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Exceeding realistic expectations for accurate mode?

2014-02-20 07:57:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Exceeding realistic expectations for accurate mode?
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Richard Fox <mbl AT richfox DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:52:19 +0100
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:57:15PM -0500, rfox AT mbl DOT edu wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been running the MySQL sql-bench benchmarks on a number of different
> servers I have available and this server seems to be quite fast matching
> performance we get from our dedicated database servers with high speed
> enterprise disk arrays and 128G RAM. (Except when dropping tables, the
> dedicated systems are much faster than this server, but I don't believe
> that is related to the slow query problem I am seeing.)

Hi Rich,

how large is your File table ATM? 25 million doesn't seem too bad, our
File table blew up to 1,2 billon rows a year ago thanks to copy jobs
for a time and while it wasn't exactly fast (volume recycling took a
few hours), it wasn't as bad as you describe.

Maybe an index has gone bad on you without noticing it? Have you
considered switching to MariaDB? What storage engine are you using
(hopefully not MyISAM)?

All the best, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA