Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [NEW BACULA USER] - Separate DIRECTOR and DATABASE install

2013-11-29 06:03:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [NEW BACULA USER] - Separate DIRECTOR and DATABASE install
From: Yann Cézard <yann.cezard AT univ-pau DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:00:23 +0100
Le 27/11/2013 12:06, bulent a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new on bacula and make a test platform.
>
> I try to install my database server (postgresql 9.1) on a different server of
> bacula-director.
> No problem for the PostgreSQL server.
> But when i try to install director on another server, whith postgresql
> support, the postgresql server install automatically with director.
> Is there anyway to install director whith postgresl support without a local
> postgresql database ?
>
> All my servers are debian wheezy.
>
> Thanks. (and sorry for my poor english)
Hi,

If I read well, postgresql is only a recommended package of
bacula-director-pgsql
(http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/bacula-director-pgsql).
Use the -R switch of aptitude (or --no-install-recommends for apt-get)
when installing it,
or configure APT to not to install recommended packages
(APT::Install-Recommends
in your apt conf file).

That should do the job.

Regards,

--
Yann Cézard - administrateur systèmes serveurs
Centre de ressources informatiques    -     http://cri.univ-pau.fr