Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Incremetanl backup of one big file (mysql dump of bacula catalog)

2013-11-23 14:20:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Incremetanl backup of one big file (mysql dump of bacula catalog)
From: "compdoc" <compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com>
To: "'bacula-users'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 12:17:20 -0700

> Now My catalog dump with compression is  hold about 2 Gigabyte.

>I think this is not rational to create a full backup of dump every day.

These days, 2 Gigabytes is not so large considering the importance of the file. And it shouldn’t take very long to back up.

You just need to decide how long you want to store these files. One for each day of the week? Plus maybe one for each month stretching back 6 months?

If the catalog becomes corrupted someday, how long will it take you to notice its corrupted?