Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Incremetanl backup of one big file (mysql dump of bacula catalog)

2013-11-21 23:42:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Incremetanl backup of one big file (mysql dump of bacula catalog)
From: Vladimir Skubriev <vladimir AT skubriev DOT ru>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 08:39:32 +0400
Now I use a full backup of bacula catalog:

1. Do a dump in script before
2. Full backup a dump
3. Purge dump in script after

Now My catalog dump with compression is  hold about 2 Gigabyte.

I think this is not rational to create a full backup of dump every day.

If I change for example my schedule from

Schedule {
   Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterAllBackups"
   Run = Level=Full sun-sat at 6:30
}

Schedule {
   Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterAllBackups"
   Run = Level=Full on 1 at 06:30                      # without quotes
- if else then error while parsing config file
   Run = Level=Incremental on mon-sun at 06:30        # without quotes -
if else then error while parsing config file
}

Incremental backup will work with a single file ?

Will be written the difference between the previous and the current dump?

And one question about scheduling:

Will be made incremental backups of the 1st of the month?

And if so, how to eliminate them of the 1st of the month?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Vladimir Skubriev