Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Incremetanl backup of one big file (mysql dump of bacula catalog)

2013-11-23 13:16:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Incremetanl backup of one big file (mysql dump of bacula catalog)
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Vladimir Skubriev <vladimir AT skubriev DOT ru>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 19:13:04 +0100
Hello,

2013/11/22 Vladimir Skubriev <vladimir AT skubriev DOT ru>
Now I use a full backup of bacula catalog:

1. Do a dump in script before
2. Full backup a dump
3. Purge dump in script after

Now My catalog dump with compression is  hold about 2 Gigabyte.

I think this is not rational to create a full backup of dump every day.

For bacula catalog it is VERY rational. Believe me.

If I change for example my schedule from

Schedule {
   Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterAllBackups"
   Run = Level=Full sun-sat at 6:30
}

Schedule {
   Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterAllBackups"
   Run = Level=Full on 1 at 06:30                      # without quotes
- if else then error while parsing config file
   Run = Level=Incremental on mon-sun at 06:30        # without quotes -
if else then error while parsing config file
}

Incremental backup will work with a single file ?

No (yes it will work, but every day it will backup the same file, the same like full).

Will be written the difference between the previous and the current dump?

No.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski