Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bare metal in 5.0.2

2013-11-12 11:37:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] bare metal in 5.0.2
From: Liam Price <liam.price AT nta-monitor DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 16:14:21 +0000
Dear List.

I have recently started a new job where they currently have bacula 5.0.2
installed. It seems like the backups here have never been tested. So of
course, I want to do that.

In terms of bare metal, does bacula support it with this version? If
not, what are your solutions for bare metal using bacula? would I need
to build a base system first, add the file daemon to that client then
restore files from there?

I have had a good read through the documentation for bacula, but I'm
still finding it a bit difficult to understand.

Thanks in advance.
lpr