Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring files from a failed full job?

2013-10-10 04:00:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring files from a failed full job?
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:57:46 +0200
Hello Uwe,

The answer to your question depends a bit on what happened
when the job failed.  If you were spooling the file attributes, it is
likely nothing was stored in the catalog.  If there are some file
entries for the failed job that are stored in the catalog, then
yes, of course, you can recover most if not all of those files.

During the restore command, for an automatic restore (option
5), Bacula will never select jobs that failed.  However, if you select
another option (e.g. 7) that allows you to specify individual jobids,
you can specify the jobid of the failed job, select the files you want
to restore and then restore them.  Most likely all files that are in
the catalog can be restored, but it is possible that the last one
may have problems.

Best regard,
Kern