Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring files from a failed full job?

2013-10-09 05:45:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring files from a failed full job?
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 10:41:59 +0100
On 09/10/13 10:01, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> one of our longer-running jobs broke yesterday after saving around 6TB
> of data to lto4 tapes, the last 200G or so are probably missing.

6Tb on LTO4

Are you crazy? Break the job into smaller units!

As far as bacula's concerned the job is a dead loss.

You might be able to place the saved files into the database using
brestore and friends, etc but it won't be counted as a full backup.

You're better off purging the tapes and starting over with sensibly
sized backup sets.