Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring files from a failed full job?

2013-10-09 08:27:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring files from a failed full job?
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 14:24:10 +0200
On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 10:41:59AM +0100, Alan Brown wrote:
> On 09/10/13 10:01, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > one of our longer-running jobs broke yesterday after saving around 6TB
> > of data to lto4 tapes, the last 200G or so are probably missing.
>
> 6Tb on LTO4
>
> Are you crazy? Break the job into smaller units!

Thanks for your kind words. ;-P

There's no budget from the customer for that at the moment, but
knowing that bscan / bextract / brestore might come in helpful in this
situation is comfort enough ATM.

> You're better off purging the tapes and starting over with sensibly
> sized backup sets.

Due to jobs running in parallel this would purge all other jobs on
those volumes, so that's not exactly an option. I'll put forward the
idea of breaking up the jobs further.

All the best, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA