Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] vchanger (one more time) SOLVED

2013-09-22 11:33:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] vchanger (one more time) SOLVED
From: Greg Woods <greg AT gregandeva DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 09:30:11 -0600
On Sat, 2013-09-21 at 11:23 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:

> Unless I forgot something else, this isn't a permissions problem. The
> problem is that "initmag" does not work:
>
> #   vchanger -u bacula -g bacula /etc/bacula/ARCH.conf initmag 1
> magazine bay 1 has no magazine mounted

[...]

> Sat Sep 21 11:20:44 2013 MagazineState::set() - GetMountpointFromUUID
> returned -3

I thought about this, and it looked as though perhaps the uuid library
package I had installed was not actually working. It links OK, but it
doesn't work when called. So I tried Josh Fisher's suggested fix for the
linking issue:

> The quick and dirty way is to comment out the vchanger_LDADD line in
the Makefile.am in the src directory and replace the uuidlookup.c file
with a version having a single function as follows:

A GetMountpointFromUUID function that does nothing and always returns
failure (look for the code and complete instructions in the "USB tape
drives?" thread if you need it). This disables the ability to declare
magazines by UUID, but since I was already automounting by UUID anyway,
it was merely a syntactic change to switch to defining magazines by
their mount points instead. So in ARCH.conf, instead of:

magazine = UUID:fea7e396-427b-49c4-af1e-195a6e6036dd

I now have:

magazine = /wd/mag/fea7e396-427b-49c4-af1e-195a6e6036dd

...and now initmag worked, and I was able to move on. I was able to
successfully create and run Copy jobs, and I am a happy camper. The Copy
jobs are horribly slow on the Raspberry Pi (copying from one USB disk to
another), but I can live with that.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice.

--Greg