Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backing up NTFS file systems

2013-09-08 11:49:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backing up NTFS file systems
From: "compdoc" <compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 09:32:43 -0600
> This mostly seems to work, but with one annoying oddity. When I run an
incremental backup, it seems to want to back up just about the entire NTFS
file system, even though commands like "ls -lt" and "ls -lc" don't show the
files or their metadata as having been modified.

I can tell you that backing up my Windows 7 workstation works correctly.
Incremental and Differential grab only files modified or added since the
last backup.

But since you mention the commands "ls -lt" and "ls -lc", which are not
windows or dos commands, I'm assuming that your NTFS volumes are attached to
a nix OS?  That may have more to do with the problem than being NTFS
volumes.

Maybe you should describe your setup in more detail. And why you are using
NTFS that way?