Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] NDMP support

2013-06-24 12:18:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] NDMP support
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 12:14:38 -0400
On 6/24/2013 10:43 AM, Carlos Baptista wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Before I try Bacula, I need to clear a doubt.
>
> I have a storage from Sun, with some lun's presented to Windows 2008.
> This storage is connected to a tape library and both support NDMP.
>
> Can bacula backup the content of the LUN's directly from storage to tape
> via NDMP, so i can restore an individual file, or it just backup the
> entire LUN, so to restore a file I have to restore the entire LUN?

The community version does not, AFAIK, have NDMP support. However, the
commercial enterprise version available from Bacula Systems has a NDMP
module and there is an Enterprise NAS Backup Edition that seems
particularly suited to your needs. See
https://www.baculasystems.com/products/nas-backup-edition.