Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] wildcards in fileset for windows client.

2013-06-18 11:30:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] wildcards in fileset for windows client.
From: grumman <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 06:22:59 -0700
Hi all,

i'm trying to backup a specific set of folders on a windows client using
bacula. For instance: there is a folder in the C-drive: "C:\testfolder\01_sub"
I want bacula to put that folder and it's contents in the backup, and i'm using
this fileset at the moment:

FileSet {
  Name = "win01-fileset"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      compression = GZIP
      ignore case = yes
      WildFile = "c:/*/01*"
    }
     File = "c:/"
  }
  Exclude {
#
# File types to exclude
#
# STANDAARD WIN2003 EXCLUDES
#@/etc/bacula/conf.d/excludes/winxp2k3.conf
  }
}

This configuration however seems to backup the entire C-drive, instead of just
the folder i want (in a later stage i want to backup all folders starting with
"01", instead of just one specific folder).

Looking into previous posts about wildcards, this kind of syntax seems to do
the trick on linux machines, i was wondering if anyone could point me in the
right direction to figure this out .

thanks.

To be complete:

content of /etc/bacula/conf.d/excludes/winxp2k3.conf:

  # STANDAARD EXCLUDES WINDOWS
        @/etc/bacula/conf.d/excludes/winall.conf

        # SPECIFIEKE WINXP2K3 EXCLUDES
        File = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Cookies/*"
        File = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/History/*"
        File = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Temporary Internet
Files/*"
        File = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Temp/*"
        File = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application
Data/*/Profiles/*/*/Cache/*"
        File = "C:/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Application
Data/Microsoft/Windows/*"
        File = "c:/Documents and Settings/*.DAT*"
        File = "C:/Documents and Settings/*/*.DAT*"
        File = "C:/Documents and Settings/*/.dat.LOG"

        File = "c:/WINDOWS/security/logs/*.log"
        File = "c:/WINDOWS/system32/config/*"
        File = "c:/WINDOWS/msdownld.tmp/*"
        File = "c:/WINDOWS/Internet Logs/*"
        File = "c:/WINDOWS/$Nt*Uninstall*"
        File = "c:/WINDOWS/Temp/*"

and content of /etc/bacula/conf.d/excludes/winall.conf
File = *.log # Log Files
        File = *.wma # Music Files
        File = *.lnk # Links
        File = *.avi # movie files