Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Getting email notifications to work in Bacula 5.2.13

2013-06-19 15:52:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] Getting email notifications to work in Bacula 5.2.13
From: Mohd Shukri <7141175 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 03:47:44 +0800
Hi,

 I am not able to get the email notifications to work. I can't use bsmtp as I want to use my gmail account to send it so I have decided to use sendmail.

 I am able to send emails using sendmail from the command line and as the user 'bacula'. I have tried the suggestions in the Problem Resolution Guide but nothing seems to work. Also, I tried using sendEmail by following this guide and that too dd not work.

 So, either I am missing something obvious or the mailcommand directive in the Message resource does not work. My message Resource is as follows:

  Messages {
  Name = Standard
  mailcommand = "echo hello | sendmail %r"
  operatorcommand = "echo hello | sendmail %r"
  mail = myaddr AT hotmail DOT com = all, !skipped
  operator = myaddr AT hotmail DOT com = mount
  console = all, !skipped, !saved
  append = "/var/lib/bacula/bacula.log" = all, !skipped
  catalog = all
}

 My system info is as follows:

  1. OS : Gentoo Linux

  2. Bacula version: 5.2.13

    Please advise.

    Thank you in advance for any help provided.