Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] One USB disk per day

2013-06-13 21:19:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] One USB disk per day
From: Marcin Haba <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 03:16:06 +0200
W dniu 13.06.2013 22:49, John Drescher pisze:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 4:34 PM, arnaldojsousa
> <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
>> Hi all...
>>
>> The bacula with vchanger using external USB disks works fine, but i have
>> some doubts:
>>
>> - jobs were executed last night - no problem so I'd like to use one disc per
>> day. we have a set of 5 (Mon-fry) external USB disk 500GB
>>
>> Question 1:
>>
>> I'll have to run the command "label barcodes" for each magazine manually
>> every day?
>>

> No. I would do that 1 time for each external making each external its
> own magazine.
>
>> Question 2:
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> 3 jobs being: 1 running at 11:00 am, another at 3:00 pm and another at 8pm.
>>
>> How to make each job is recorded in different slots?
>
> Use volume once.

Hi,

"Use volume once" directive is marked as deprecated. Recommended
directive for this case is "Maximum Volume Jobs = 1".

It is not only nomenclature recommendation, because in database in pool
table there are two different columns for saving above directives values.

So, when someday will be released Bacula without support for "Use volume
once" then functionality for saving one job per volume will stop working.

Regards.
Marcin Haba (gani)