Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] update a Bacula MySQL database from version 12 to 14

2013-06-13 17:28:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] update a Bacula MySQL database from version 12 to 14
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 17:25:05 -0400
On 06/13/13 11:59, mailing wrote:
> Hi,
>

> we have Upgrade Debian Squeeze to Debian Wheezy.
>
> Then we want Upgrade the Database Version 12 to 14.
>
> //usr/share/bacula-director/update_mysql_tables -u root -p
>
> This script will update a Bacula MySQL database from version 12 to 14
>  which is needed to convert from Bacula Community version 5.0.x to 5.2.x
>
> Enter password:
>
> The existing database is version 12
> 12 !!
> This script can only update an existing version 12 database to version 14.
> Error. Cannot upgrade this database.
>  /
>

> w00t? :-\
>
> What can I do?

The "This script can only update..." message is incorrect.  Apparently
that message should have been updated with the script, but wasn't.  It
SHOULD say "... an existing version 13 database to version 14."

What you will need to do is to separately run the scripts to update from
catalog version 12 to version 13, then from 13 to 14.  There should be a
directory installed along with Bacula containing previous versions of
the update script.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.