Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] A directory doesn't get backed up

2013-05-17 06:30:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] A directory doesn't get backed up
From: Jeff Tipton <jeff.t AT mail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 13:25:04 +0300
Hi,

I just set up a director, fd and sd on one machine, and a fd on another
machine (Samba file server) where I need to take backups from. When it
ran the first scheduled backup, the job terminated with status 'OK' but
I also got a message:

17-May 00:04 fileserver-fd JobId 3:      Could not stat
"/path/to/Directoryname": ERR=No such file or directory

Now, I looked up that directory, and it was there. But it was named in
capitals: DIRECTORYNAME. I thought mayby somebody has applied some
strange character encoding, so I renamed it to "Directoryname" myself.
After an incremental backup, Directoryname showed up int the restore but
was empty.

Then I copied the directory recursively to another_name, and then it got
backed up correctly. the problem is that I need the original name. As
soon I renamed the another_name back to Directoryname, it backed up
empty again. What's wrong?

OS on both machines: FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE
Bacula version: 5.2.12
DBMS: PostgreSQL 9.2.4
Database encoding: SQL_ASCII

Thanks,