Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Benefits of Hardware compression versus Software compression for highly compressable data

2013-05-16 05:35:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Benefits of Hardware compression versus Software compression for highly compressable data
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 11:31:17 +0200
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 06:41:08PM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't think the last version of the Windows FD produced by the
> project has LZO in the Windows version.  For nearly every
> platform, we must build LZO from source, so it took
> longer to get it into the Windows version.
>
> LZO is compiled into the Bacula Systems Windows binaries
> which are available through www.baculasystems.com.  I am
> not 100% sure it has been properly tested though.  If you
> find it is not working in the Bacula Systems binaries, please
> let me know (best submit a bug report bugs.bacula.org), and
> we will fix it.
>
> Best regards,
> Kern

Hi Kern,

that's correct, however another reader on this list provided us with
custom compiled lzo-enabled windows clients, I cannot recall who it
was though. I can ask my colleague Tom who was in contact however, if
I remember correctly some libs were required to get the client to
run.

All the best, Uwe

--
uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net fon: [+49] 5242.91 - 4740, fax:-69 72
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Gütersloh, Germany