Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Benefits of Hardware compression versus Software compression for highly compressable data

2013-05-15 12:44:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Benefits of Hardware compression versus Software compression for highly compressable data
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>, Raimund Sacherer <raimund.sacherer AT logitravel DOT com>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 18:41:08 +0200
Hello,

I don't think the last version of the Windows FD produced by the
project has LZO in the Windows version.  For nearly every
platform, we must build LZO from source, so it took
longer to get it into the Windows version.

LZO is compiled into the Bacula Systems Windows binaries
which are available through www.baculasystems.com.  I am
not 100% sure it has been properly tested though.  If you
find it is not working in the Bacula Systems binaries, please
let me know (best submit a bug report bugs.bacula.org), and
we will fix it.

Best regards,
Kern