Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] multi-homed SD & single-homed FDs

2013-05-02 15:57:53
Subject: [Bacula-users] multi-homed SD & single-homed FDs
From: "Adam Thompson" <ad.thompson AT uwinnipeg DOT ca>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 14:21:15 -0500

I'm trying to setup a multi-homed DIR + SD to service two different VLANs that are firewalled from each other.

I've tried configuring multiple Storage per Pool in bacula-dir.conf, each one with a different IP address (no hostnames; I don't manage DNS here), but the FD on the client for VLAN #2 still keeps trying to contact the SD on VLAN #1 and timing out.

The old DNS-based routing hacks aren't feasible in my environment: I can only get one IP per hostname, and I do NOT want to manually edit /etc/hosts files (that's a maintenance nightmare).

Is anyone else managing to do this successfully in Bacula (Community Edition 5.2.13), or do I have to do some routing magic on each host and a loopback IP on the SD?

Thanks,

-Adam Thompson
University of Winnipeg Library Systems
ad.thompson AT uwinnipeg DOT ca