Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] question about job resource

2013-04-28 13:49:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] question about job resource
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:46:09 -0400
On 04/26/13 10:11, Ana Emília Machado de Arruda wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> You have to put a "JobDefs = <JobDefs-Resource-Name>" directive in each Job
> definition. For example, for your above job definition:
>

> Job {
>
>   Name = "D0LPHB040 System Backups"
>   JobDefs="DefaultJob"

Hi Ana, Johnathan...

Ana, you're close.   But the JobDef = line must point to a JobDef Resource
like so:

JobDef {
 # Options to be inherited by multiple Jobs
 Name = LinuxServers
 Type = Backup
 FileSet = LinuxFiles
 Level = Incremental
 Messages = LinuxBackups
 Schedule = LinuxSchedule
 Pool = LinuxPool
 Priority = 10
}

Job {
 Name = LinuxServer_A
 JobDef = LinuxServers
 rest of required options go here
}

Job {
 Name = LinuxServer_B
 JobDef = LinuxServers
 rest of required options go here
}

In that example above, Jobs LinuxServer_A and LinuxServer_B will inherit and
use all of the settings from the JobDef named "LinuxServers".

Jobs A and B will of course need to have all other required job options defined.

Also any options inherited from the JobDef may also be overridden in the Job.
So for example, you can set up a Job to use the LinuxServers JobDef, but then
also set up the Job to use a different schedule, Pool, Priority, Level, etc.

Hope this helps.

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC