Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bare Metal Recovery Setup

2013-04-19 18:50:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bare Metal Recovery Setup
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: "Michael D. Wood" <mike AT itsecuritypros DOT org>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 00:47:07 +0200
Hello,

2013/4/19 Michael D. Wood <mike AT itsecuritypros DOT org>

Hi Guys,

I’m looking at this article

http://www.bacula.org/fr/dev-manual/Disast_Recove_Using_Bacula.html#SECTION002410000000000000000

and from what I can see I need to create/build the Bacula Rescue CD and when I recover a machine I need to have the Bacula file daemon running on it, correct?

For anyone that has used the Bacula Rescue CD will it let me just point to an image and do a *true* bare metal recovery?

What do you mean by *true* BMR?

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski