Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bare Metal Recovery Setup

2013-04-19 17:56:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bare Metal Recovery Setup
From: "Michael D. Wood" <mike AT itsecuritypros DOT org>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 17:52:51 -0400

Hi Guys,

I’m looking at this article

http://www.bacula.org/fr/dev-manual/Disast_Recove_Using_Bacula.html#SECTION002410000000000000000

and from what I can see I need to create/build the Bacula Rescue CD and when I recover a machine I need to have the Bacula file daemon running on it, correct?

For anyone that has used the Bacula Rescue CD will it let me just point to an image and do a *true* bare metal recovery?

Also, if you have any more links I could look at that would be great.

Little confused here…Thanks for any suggestions!

--

Michael D. Wood

www.itsecuritypros.org