Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Best way to perform a backup for Sql Server 2012

2013-03-05 10:22:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Best way to perform a backup for Sql Server 2012
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Carlo Filippetto <carlo.filippetto AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:19:44 -0500
On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Carlo Filippetto
<carlo.filippetto AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> as I write in the subject I need to backup Sql Server 2012, you have
> any idea on how to optimize the process and have a consistend DB
>
> I thought to make a dump script and backup it, but how?
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thank you.

I would use the T-SQL  backup command to backup the sql database to a
file then have bacula backup that file. I have tried scripting dumps
however it seems that the T-SQL BACKUP / RESTORE works better than the
management studio scripting to .sql ( at least in my testing).

John