Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Reducing the maximum number of volumes in a pool

2013-02-27 04:00:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] Reducing the maximum number of volumes in a pool
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:57:02 +0100
Hi folks,

I'm trying to save a bit of disk space by reducing the number of
volumes in the "incremental" pool (we use separate pools for for full
and incremental backups for each client, bacula 5.2.13 compiled from
source). Previously we had 15 incremental volumes per pool, now I'd
like to retain 7 for each client.

I've changed all the pool definitions in the director config from

Maximum Volumes = 15

Maximum Volumes = 7

for the incremental pools, but following an "update pool from
resource" the db record still shows the previous number of volumes in
the pool for Max, not the one defined in the director config.

Any idea why this would happen or how to fix it, short of writing some
custom sql to manually set the new value in the database? I've also
tried to restart bacula, but that hasn't helped, either.

All the best & thanks in advance for your help,

Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA