Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Install and configure both server and client

2013-02-06 23:54:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Install and configure both server and client
From: "Gary R. Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:51:18 +1100
On 7/02/2013 2:28 PM, Jake G. wrote:
> Ok after getting bacula working I can honestly say it the worst backup
> solution I have ever used.
>
> Thanks everyone for your help!

Oh, really?

I suppose if you've only been in the backup game for five minutes,
something like Bacula would be confusing.

I remember using PIP on various PDP's to get files onto tape, that was
probably the worst, but ARCServe and some crappy thing that was
*supposed* to backup Netware-286 boxes would run a close second.

Funny thing is, just running "tar" was so simple, back when we had the
money (and time) to attach a tape drive to every machine, and just
logged the tapes used in an exercise book that sat on the machine...

Ah, the good old days!

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)