Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] multiple tape drives

2013-02-05 03:31:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] multiple tape drives
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:20:40 +0100
Zitat von Jonathan Horne <jhorne AT skopos DOT us>:

> My boss needs me to take the 2 tape drives inside the PV4000 and
> form them into 1 logical drive and stripe the backups across them
> simultaneously.  Please help me figure this out, is this possible?

Hello

while it is possible to use more the one drive concurrently with low
"maximum concurrent jobs" for the drives and "prefer mounted volumes =
no" in the pool/job definition, you should have a closer look in the
documentation about the downsides. It is also not possible to use more
than one drive per job and you cannot switch drives within a job. We
have tested this once and it worked reasonable well with data spooling
and two drives, but it is not really a supported use-case.

Regards

Andreas