Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Extremely Slow Performance

2012-09-27 16:43:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Extremely Slow Performance
From: Davide Franco <dfranco AT dflc DOT ch>
To: Rodrigo Abrantes Antunes <rodrigoantunes AT pelotas.ifsul.edu DOT br>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 21:36:29 +0200
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Rodrigo Abrantes Antunes <rodrigoantunes AT pelotas.ifsul.edu DOT br> wrote:

Hi, I'm having extremely slow performance when backing up, a 10gb backup took around 3h. Where should I start looking?

During a backup I can see bacula-sd using 100% cpu, memory usage is normal. My system is a vmware virtual machine with a cpu with two 2,5ghz cores and 2gb ram. The vm have a separate partition for the volumes using ext4 and mounted via RDM in a fc storage array with raid6. I tried mapping more cores and more ram for the vm with the same result so I don't think the problem is lack of resources.

Thanks.

Hi Rodrigo,

giving more informations like
  • version of the director, storage, fd
  • which database back-end are you using
  • did you install the vmware tools ?
  • which operating system (version) are using ?
  • on what kind of storage does your DRM point to (sata, iscsi, fc, etc.)
  • etc.

will give us more ideas to troubleshoot your problem.

Regards

Davide