Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Amazon Glacier

2012-08-21 10:43:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Amazon Glacier
From: Mr IT Guru <misteritguru AT gmx DOT com>
To: eric santelices <ericsante AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:39:38 +0100
Good Afternoon All,
On 21 Aug 2012, at 13:38, eric santelices <ericsante AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

With Amazon announcement of Glacier it seems like a natural fit for Bacula.  Does anyone know if/when we would see support for this storage resource?

If you wanted to utilize this, wouldn't it be better to have the OS look into mounting this service as a file system, and then just direct bacula to use the file system? Rather than coding specifically for bacula - I'm sure bacula is not going to be the only project that can benefit from this, so I'm betting that support for this will be in the underlying OS first.