Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to specify drive of Autochanger?

2012-08-07 10:10:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to specify drive of Autochanger?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 10:07:39 -0400
On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> Dear John,
>      Can you send me a copy of the relevant parts of your config. I'd
> like to compare them to mine. I think what you're saying is that you
> can send jobs to either drive, or the autochanger, but the robot will
> handle the tapes in either case?

Yes. The robot works on all 3 devices.

fileserver1
bacula-dir.conf

Storage {
  Name = "DEV6-LTO-0"
  Address = dev6.radimg.pitt.edu
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "XXXXXXXXXX"         # Console password
  Device = "LTO2-0"
  Media Type = "LTO-2"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
}

Storage {
  Name = "DEV6-LTO2-1"
  Address = dev6.radimg.pitt.edu
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "XXXXXXXXXX"         # Console password
  Device = "LTO2-1"
  Media Type = "LTO-2"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
}

Storage {
  Name = "DEV6-Changer"
  Address = dev6.radimg.pitt.edu
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "XXXXXXXXXX"         # Console password
  Device = "Magnum224-0"
  Media Type = "LTO-2"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
}

dev6
bacula-sd.conf

Autochanger {
  Name = Magnum224-0
  Device = LTO2-0, LTO2-1
  Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
#  Changer Device = /dev/sg5
# 02/12/2007 added udev rule to link /dev/autochanger1 to the changer
  Changer Device = /dev/autochanger1
}

Device {
  Name = LTO2-0
  Media Type = LTO-2
  Drive Index = 0
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  Autochanger=yes
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  Spool Directory = /mnt/tmp/bacula/tape
  Maximum Job Spool Size = 5G
#  Maximum Block Size = 262144
#  Minimum Block Size = 262144
#  Volume Poll Interval = 5 minutes
#  Close on Poll = Yes
#  Offline On Unmount = no
  LabelMedia = Yes
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"

#  Maximum blocksize = 512K
}

Device {
  Name = LTO2-1