Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to specify drive of Autochanger?

2012-08-06 10:46:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to specify drive of Autochanger?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 10:44:13 -0400
On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> Dear All,
>     Does anyone know if its possible to run a job from Command line
> that specifies the drive of the autochanger to be used?

I have a device for each of my tape drives along with the autochanger
itself in bacula-dir.conf. That way I can send jobs to the autochanger
or either drive of my 2 drive exabyte magnum. With that said I have to
warn you that although this has worked for me since 2006 the
developers (including Kern) say that this is an unsupported
configuration.

John