Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.2.10 upgrade question

2012-08-07 04:38:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.2.10 upgrade question
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: "Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]" <uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 10:35:47 +0200
On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 10:09:31AM -0500, Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET
SYSTEMS INC] wrote:
> I am currently on bacula 5.2.6 on a RHEL6 machine.  When I had compiled
> bacula 5.2.6 sometime back I had used the following switches but  when I go
> to "bconsole" and type commands and later if I want to recall the previous
> command it does not work.
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bacula-5.2.6 \
> --enable-smartalloc  \
> --with-postgresql  \
> --with-dump-email=emailID  \
> --with-job-email=emailID  \
> --with-smtp-host=mailhost_address  \
> --enable-bat --with-tcp-wrappers=/lib64  \
> --with-working-dir=/var/bacula/working
>
> Now I am ready to upgrade to bacula-5.2.10 and was going to compile the new
> version. My understanding is in order to be able to recall the previous
> commands in bconsole I have to use an additional configure switch right?
>
> --disable-conio --with-readline
>
> If I compile bacula-5.2.10 with the above switch will I be able to recall
> commands in bconsole?
>
> Also, I would like to know if I move from bacula 5.2. 6 to 5.2.10 do I have
> to update the postgresql database?
>
> I would appreciate any help with this.
>
> Thank you.
> Uthra

Usually the configure script will pick up the libreadline dev libs
during the configuration run and add the option automatically. My
guess is you're missing the development libraries which you can
install using yum:

# rpm -qa | grep readline
readline-devel-6.0-3.el6.x86_64
readline-6.0-3.el6.x86_64

yum install readline-devel

should get you going.

HTH, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann AG