Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] max run time

2012-07-14 21:20:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] max run time
From: Steve Thompson <smt AT vgersoft DOT com>
To: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 21:18:13 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 14 Jul 2012, Joseph Spenner wrote:

> That's insane!  :)

Heh :)

> Ok, can you maybe carve it up a little?  How big is the backup?

I have already carved it up just about as much as I can. I have to back up
about 6 TB in 28 million files (that change very slowly) to a remote
offsite SD. I get at most 5 MB/sec with software compression (backups go
to disk on the SD), so we're looking at around 2 weeks run time for a full
backup (and 30 minutes for an incremental). The file system that this 6 TB
sits on is about 60 TB in size and is carved up into about 30 jobs
already.

Steve