Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Help with auto purging/pruning

2012-06-13 06:36:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Help with auto purging/pruning
From: sbooth <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 03:34:16 -0700
I did the volume cleanup and had just around the number of volumes needed (or I
thought).  Then it started to work the way I expected in that it recycled
volumes that jobs had expired (7 days).  But then one day someone put a 32Gb of
data on so it couldn't recycle enough volumes so it auto created volumes.  But
now it doesn't recycle volumes it just keeps creating volumes.  Is this correct
behavior?

If I limit the number of volumes in a pool what will happen in my case above
when new volumes are needed?

Thanks again for the help.

Steve