Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Help with auto purging/pruning

2012-06-01 13:58:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] Help with auto purging/pruning
From: sbooth <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 16:53:41 -0700
I am confused about how to get backup jobs to be automatically removed and for
disk files to be recycled and reused for backs.  I created a schedule that runs
diff tues-friday morning and two different retention base backups on Saturday
morning.  I set the retention of the differentials ot 7 days and 1 base job to
retention of 30 days and the other to 90 days.  After the 7 days are up for the
diff the job still appears in the restore area and the disk file is not
recycled.  I haven't gotten to the retention time on the base tapes yet.  I
noticed that in the client setups is a retention setting also.  Is this causing
the jobs to retain past the time set in the volume settings?

Bacula-dir v5.2.3 on turnkey linux.

Client {
  Name = client-fd
  Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx