Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tandberg LTO-3 only writing ~200GB

2012-04-19 12:00:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tandberg LTO-3 only writing ~200GB
From: Andre Rossouw <andre AT arnet.co DOT za>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:58:28 +0200
> > Could there be any other reason you may think of (possibly outside of
> > bacula) that would cause a drive to think it's written more than it has,
> > or for the job to start at the wrong point on the tape?
>
> LTO media does not work that way. To write from beginning to end it
> does multiple passes of the entire tape.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Tape-Open#Tape_layout
>
> John

Thanks for the info. Another question: the text on wikipedia states
"LTO-3 and LTO-4 use a similar format with 1,616,940-byte blocks" - is
this something I would need to add as a directive (in trying to resolve
my current issue), or would Bacula set this appropriately when I set
media type to LTO-3 in the SD configuration?

I appreciate the assistance so far.