Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multi client multy storaje multy job configuration

2012-03-25 06:56:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multi client multy storaje multy job configuration
From: Anton Nikiforov <anton AT nikiforov DOT ru>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 14:54:34 +0400
25.03.2012 01:06, Adrian Reyer пишет:
> Hi Anton,
>
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 11:35:38PM +0400, Anton Nikiforov wrote:
>> I will try spooling, thanks for the suggestion, but i cannot understand
>> why spooling will help with my problem. The storage is not tape or DVD.
>> It is HDD, so there should no problems with or without spool.
>> My problem is maximum jobs on the client.
>
> The 'problem' is bacula. Bacula uses every storage type the same way. As
> long as you only have 1 drive for that storage, only 1 job will run the
> same time. The 2 common solutions to this are
> - use a virtual changer (vchanger) and just have more drives, I failed
>   to set that up myself in the context of virtual full backups
> - use 1 pool per client, if you want to in the same directory and a
>   common 'Recycle Pool'. It works great that way for me.
>
> Regards,
>       Adrian

Hi Adrian!
Yes you are right about bacula dealing with files/tapes.
But my situation is differ. I have 4 storages with one device each. And
my problem is that bacula do not want to backup different clients to
different storages concurrently in case clients have less than 3 jobs
allowed.

I have no problem with storage. I have tested configurations with spool
and two drives per storage and it works fine.

But bacula still try to start concurrent jobs from one client.

The thing i need is bacula backing up multiple clients at the same time.
Not multiple jobs from the same client at the same time.

Regards,
Anton