Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multi client multy storaje multy job configuration

2012-03-26 15:53:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multi client multy storaje multy job configuration
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: Anton Nikiforov <anton AT nikiforov DOT ru>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:51:04 +0200
Hi Anton,

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 02:54:34PM +0400, Anton Nikiforov wrote:
> Yes you are right about bacula dealing with files/tapes.
> But my situation is differ. I have 4 storages with one device each. And
> my problem is that bacula do not want to backup different clients to
> different storages concurrently in case clients have less than 3 jobs
> allowed.
> I have no problem with storage. I have tested configurations with spool
> and two drives per storage and it works fine.
> But bacula still try to start concurrent jobs from one client.
> The thing i need is bacula backing up multiple clients at the same time.
> Not multiple jobs from the same client at the same time.

I think I got you right, let me summarize your issue in my own words:
- you have N clients
- you have 4 different SDs (in 4 different locations)
- each SD has 1 pool
- each SD should backup each client as fast as possible
- a single client should only run 1 single backup at a time
- spooling is not enabled
- if you reduce the 'Max Concurrent Jobs' on the FD to 1-2 the backups
  block each other as e.g. 1 job occupies the SD and waits for the FD
  while another occupies the FD and waits for the SD

Obviously you actually want to block the FD, so you need to unblock the
SD. You can achieve this by adding resources to the SD. The needed
ressources are actually drives with media. These you can get by either
- using vchanger with several drives
- using different pools for each client per SD that use different
  drives

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91