Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.2.6 working directory

2012-03-15 11:41:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.2.6 working directory
From: "Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]" <uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:39:59 -0500
John,

Thanks for your reply. So what you are saying is I really don't have to
recompile Bacula with "--with-bsrdir=PATH" instead I can change the path to the
*.bsr files in the Bacula configuration directory. Instead of having:

bacula-dir.conf:       Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/%c.bsr"

I should change it to: Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/BootStrap/%c.bsr" so that
the bootstrap file will not get saved in the working directory.

How about the *.mail files in the working directory? Is it important to save
them or is it o.k. if Bacula deletes them from the working directory every time
the daemon restarts?

Thank you.
Uthra